The flesh of a cucumber is rich in vitamins A, C, and folic acid while the hard skin of cucumbers is rich in fibre and a range of minerals include magnesium, molybdenum, and potassium.
Vitamin K 21%
Vitamin C 5%
Pantothenic Acid 3%
Health Benefits of Cucumber
- Strengthens our connective tissues- cucumber contains silica, a trace mineral that contributes greatly to strengthening our connective tissues
- Promotes muscle flexibility- the magnesium content of cucumbers ensures proper blood circulation and relaxed nerves.
- Helps regulates blood pressure
- Heals many skin problems- under eye swelling, sunburn, psoriasis, eczema, and acne. Cucumbers also contain ascorbic and caffeic acids which prevent water loss, therefore cucumber is frequently applied topically to burns and dermatitis
- Keeping skin well toned
- Promotes healthy hair growth
- Provides bright and glowing complexion
- Prevents splitting of the nails on the fingers and toes since cucumbers are so rich in minerals
- Regulates body’s blood pH and neutralize acidity due to high alkaline levels
- Helps gastric issues
- Normalizes body temperature during summer
- Prevents kidney stones- Cucumbers are a perfect blend of both fibre and water. Therefore, it helps to protect your body from kidney stones.
- Prevents inflammation- Cucumbers also counter the effects of uric acid, which prevents inflammation in from conditions like arthritis, asthma, eczema and gout.
- Helps prevent constipation- Cucumbers are a perfect blend of both fibre and water. Therefore, it helps to protect your body from constipation
- Aids in managing diabetes- Cucumbers possess a hormone required by the beta cells during insulin production.
- Keeps body healthy and functioning- Cucumbers have excellent cleaning properties, and actively remove accumulated waste and toxins from your body.
- Aids in urine secretion- cucumber is considered a natural diuretic. Cucumbers are very good for optimizing urinary bladder, kidney, liver and pancreatic functions.
- Good for digestion- especially of proteins, and it controls blood pressure and diabetes mellitus.