Vegan & raw. Gluten, dairy and processed sugar free. Use organic ingredients if possible.
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup almond milk (or use 1 cup light coconut milk)
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/4 cup defrosted frozen mango
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh lime zest
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons toasted coconut chips or grated coconut
- 1.5 tablespoon raw agave syrup/coconut nectar or honey (not vegan but totally awesome) or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon cardamom powder or to taste
- Pinch sea salt
- Pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- Fresh chopped mango and banana or pineapple for topping
- Add the nut milks, rolled oats, sweetener of your choice, cardamom, salt and cayenne to a bowl or a jar and mix until well combined. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge overnight.
- In a blender roughly blend 1/4 cup defrosted or fresh mango with lime juice and lime zest creating chunky consistency. Taste, add sweetener if needed. Cover and place in the fridge overnight.
- In the morning, stir the chopped mango and 1 tablespoon of toasted coconut chips into the overnight oats and roughly mix. Top with the reserve mango, banana or pineapple and 1 tablespoon of the toasted coconut. Drizzle with agave syrup or honey. Enjoy!
Recipes by www.catarinacatarino.com
Catarina is a Mind – Body – Movement and Nutrition Coach who helps people transform their relationship with food and their bodies so they can reclaim the health, vitality and self-worth they seek.
Her method is integrative. After 2 decades of struggling with food disorders and alcohol addictions, she has an in-depth understanding of the effects our mental and emotional state have on health, mood and weight.
Today, drawing from 16 years in the Exercise and Wellness industry, she unites movement and posture with cutting edge nutrition and eating psychology for an approach that heals and transforms people inside and out.